Your good roof is one of those larger property investments.
A roof is that out-of-sight, out-of-mind component of your home that can turn into a needed repair, or eventually, a water intrusion episode that could adversely affect the interior and your living space.
Regular roofing maintenance and inspections have been proven to increase roof longevity and performance, certainly it can assist in avoiding costly repairs, headaches and stressors to your day …
Roofing Solutions offer annual roof inspections.
Winter has pretty much passed here in North Texas, thankfully no more freezes on the weather horizon, which means it’s a good time to schedule a Rooftop Assessment.
Our Roofing Solutions roof evaluation checkpoints –
- Gutters – Silt, collected leaves and debris can build up and impede the flow of water to the downspouts and discharge from the roof as designed. A gutter backup absolutely can back up and breach the shingles. Consistent moisture retention & water backing up in the guttering can also contribute to fascia and soffit deterioration over time.
- Inspecting the shingles – We look for signs of damage or weathering. We make note of any blistering, cracking, tears or holes, abrasions, or deep scratches in shingles. We inspect for raised or exposed nails. We observe trees adjacent to the home for you up there too, fallen tree limbs can damage the roof.
- Check for Cleanliness – we inspect for accumulated branches, leaves, dirt and debris that can clog your valley drainage and cause a backup, or contribute to roofing surface rot or premature decay.
- Flashings – we make sure they are not pulling away from the roof or leaving gaps.
- Exterior Roof Components – such as chimneys, vents, pipes, skylights, and equipment each appear on our checklist.
- Old Repairs – Previous repairs often are the first thing to fail, especially if they were not done appropriately by a roofing professional.
- Varmint damage – oftentimes we encounter pipe stacks. shingles and even roof decking that have been eaten, or damaged by squirrels and such….it’s a crazy scene, but it happens, and it can lead to water intrusion.
- Fascia & Soffit areas – Both are indicators of a healthy roof and the way a roof is performing.
Before we perform your roof evaluation or maintenance, please take a moment to examine the interior of your building for signs of water damage such water stains or peeling paint. If you locate these signs please communicate so we can narrow the potential problematic areas on the exterior.
If you catch a problem now, you can address it before it gets a lot worse, and that’s very important, let’s work together to guard your investment.